Your Irish Dance Education Starts Here
Crossroads offers an energetic environment with inspiring instruction that gives dancers the opportunity to have fun and develop a love of Irish dance, music and culture. The school has a professional, certified staff as well as visiting guest teachers. A close working partnership between student and teacher is an important aspect of our program.
Whether in pursuit of becoming an Open Champion dancer or enjoying the fun and physical benefits of Irish dance, our students enjoy the highest quality classes in a warm and nurturing environment.
Let Us Help Answer Your Questions
What Age Do You Start Classes?
We offer Irish dance classes for students age 5 to adult. For Adults we have a dedicated program gear toward our Adult community whether they are new to Irish dance or returning from Irish dance after some time.
- View current classes schedule HERE.
- Our Adult Program HERE.
What Can I Hope To Learn In My 1st Year?
- Our Intro level classes are focused on teaching dancers the building blocks for Irish dance technique, rhythms and traditional Irish steps.
- They will learn a variety of Irish dance basics including posture, foot placement, balance, leg/foot strength, toe height and tradition Irish steps.
- Dancers will be in soft shoes their first year with the goal of advancing the following year to begin hard shoe instruction.
- Our curriculum also includes Irish dance history and culture as well as learning to speak basic works in Gaelic such as counting, Hello, Goodbye and more.
My Dancer Has Never Done A Dance Class, Is That Ok?
My Dancer Has Irish Dance Training, Do You Have Class For Them?
- Yes, absolutely. We expect new dancers to be brand new to Irish dance or dancing in general.
- Our Intro level classes are designed for dancers who have no or very limited experience.
- We understand that other studio's Irish program offer a unique curriculum, so we will find the Crossroads class that best fits the dancers.
- At Crossroads our class levels do not equal the number of years of experience, but rather the mastery of the material for that level.
- All new dancers coming from another Irish program will be evaluated for proper placement in on of our classes. We typically recommend attending a class to either observe or participate.
- You can email us at email@example.com to set up a date/time and receive more info.
Can We Visit A Class To See The Crossroads Experience?
- Yes, we welcome new students to come to observe a class.
- You will want us to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to set up a day/time. You and your dancer will be able to sit and observe a typically class and meet with the instructor afterwards.
How Much Is Tuition For Classes?
Does I Have To Register for Whole Year?
- Full Year Program: Our full year classes start in September and is based on a 34 week dance year to include finale performance in our Spring Showcase. Dancers who register for a full year get the opportunity to participate in other programs of our school including; community performances, competitions and Spring Showcase.
- Mini-Mester Classes: Mini-Mester classes are held about 2x a year throughout the dance year. They typically can run 4-6 weeks. Our mini-mester classes are for dancers who may have missed our full year registration, but are wanting to get a short, introduction to Irish dance.
- Summer Programs: We offer summer classes starting in June that run for 8 weeks. Dancers have the option to register for 4, 6, 8 weeks worth of classes. Our Summer program consists of weekly classes as well as, Guest Teacher classes with professional Irish dancers currently working in shows.
What Are The Qualifications Of Teaching Staff?
- Our tuition is based on a 34 week dance year (not monthly). We offer a payment option of full or 10
installment payments. Payments can be taken via check, credit card or bank draft.
- Our tuition is priced based on the length of classes as our classes range from 45 mins to 120 minutes.
- Family Friendly tuition tier is based on the # of hours a family is registered. We have many families who have multiple siblings or 1 dancer taking multiple classes, so this tuition tier offers a cost effective option without breaking the bank for dance classes.
- Discounts- We have discounts built into our tuition tier starting at 2 hours or more as well as, for families with additional siblings.
Is There Specific Attire That Is Worn To Class?
- Our school is TCRG certified school with the World Irish Dance Association. Our teaching staff also hold their grade teaching certifications too.
- We offer continuing education opportunities for our teaching staff throughout the year in order to keep up with the latest trends, styles and methods in the world of Irish dance.
- Learn more about our staff HERE.
- A professional dress attire ensures our teaching staff will be able to to see dancers's alignment and positioning. Baggy clothing can mask bad habits, making corrections impossible to see.
- Our class attire teaches our students's discipline, helping with overall focus and energy. By "dressing the part", dancers feel a part of the school.
- Our staff will provide our new dancers with information about our class attire including shoes at the time of registration.
Click HERE To Sign Up For A Class